Being global and going global is an indirect threat to business. Any form of threat can come from anyone from anywhere. The web makes itself appear attractive by its tremendous reach and economies of scale by revolutionizing the brand and engaging customer. However, the very qualities make it easier for abusers to hijack powerful brands.
Brand protection is a set of tools designed to combat the loss of revenue, reputation and customer trust in desired conditions. Here is some effective online strategy to protect the brand whilst taking advantage of the opportunities on the internet:
- Companies should register their Intellectual Property according correct classifications.
- In case of digital platforms, company should seek professional and trustable service to supply their content on affiliated network. This will help the company monitor their online activities.
- Companies should maintain their online assets.
- They can hire brand protection company that has the software to monitor how businesses trademarks are used online to catch infringement.
- Such software must focus on the area of the internet in which the business operates.
- Domain security should be on top priority.
- Invest into anti-counterfeiting and enforcement services.
- Protect brand reputation across all digital channels like social and mobile.
- Online brand counterfeiters have their way of interfering a company’s digital promotions by intercepting the web traffic and threat e-commerce revenues. Companies should be proactive by not letting them in between the business and their customers.
- Companies should monitor all of their digital channels to ensure all internal and external partners align with the guidelines. It will help the business in avoiding any confusion with customer and reclaim their rightful Web traffic.
- Making sure that the company’s domain is serving its purpose. Maximize web traffic by appropriating content.
- By putting together the product launch checklist, company’s can avoid common pitfalls